For the sake of a beginning a study of James Joyce, here is a sketchy plan…
For now, I’m simply going to begin reading through his books in the order he wrote them. And maybe read The Odyssey? The plan will change, but for the sake of a beginning, here is a sketchy outline…
- Give myself a better introduction to Joyce.
- Read James Joyce by Richard Ellmann.
- Read Stephen Hero (1905).
- Read Chamber Music (1907).
- Read Dubliners (1914).
- Read The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (1916).
- Read Exiles (1918).
- Read Homer’s The Odyssey.
- Read Ulysses front to cover before making the deep dive. (I’ll continue reading with my group.)
- Deep dive into Ulysses (1922).
- Read Pomes Penyeach (1927).
- Read Finnegan’s Wake (1939).
- Read Finn’s Hotel (1923/2013).